|Juhani Pietikäinen Morgan Plus 4 1958|
The Morgan Plus 4 (or +4) is a larger and more powerful version of the Morgan Motor Company's 4/4 model and was made between 1950 and 1969. The model was revived in 1985 and filled the gap between the 4/4 and the Plus 8 until 2000; it was again revived in 2005.After World War II Morgan had re-introduced their 4/4 model fitted with a 1267 cc Standard engine. This continued in production until 1950 when it was replaced by the larger Plus 4 announced at the 1950 Earl's Court Motor Show. In 1955 the 4/4 model re-appeared in phase II form.The Plus 4 was fitted with a 2088 cc engine based on that used in the Standard Vanguard fitted in a strengthened and longer chassis. Hydraulic brakes, at first all drum, were fitted for the first time on a Morgan.