|Panhard Dyna 1952|
Dyna 110 3CV (X 85) (610 cm3, 28 KM; wb: 213 cm) – discontinued
Dyna 120 4CV (X 86) (745 cm3, 38 KM; wb: 213 cm) – discontinued
break (X 187) 3-dr
Dyna 130 5CV (X 87) (851 cm3, 40 KM; wb: 213 cm) – new model
Dyna Junior 4CV (wb: 213 cm) – new model
Scarlette 5CV (X 90) (851 cm3, 40 KM) – new model
In February the new optional engine, the Sprint 4CV with a modified camshaft and a dual carburetor becomes available.
In April, the roadster Dyna Junior X was launched. It is based on a Dyna X chassis and unlike the sedan has a steel two pasenger body. The trunk is accessible by folding down the bench seat. It comes with 4 CV and 4 CV Sprint engines.
In June, the Dyna X type 130 was introduced with a 5 CV 851 cc engine. Again 130 refers to the top speed of the car – 130 km/h.
Scarlette was presented in the autumn. It is the result of the collaboration between Panhard and SIOP, the owner of Rosengart. The new model has the body of the Rosengart Ariette and the chassis and engine of the X87 Dyna Panhard.
In December, types 110 and 120 were deleted.
|Panhard Dyna Junior 1952|
The Panhard Dyna X was a lightweight compact saloon car designed by the visionary engineer Jean Albert Grégoire and first exhibited as the AFG (Aluminium Français Grégoire) Dyna at the Paris Motor Show in 1946.Mindful of the precarious economic situation in France in the aftermath of war, and aware of government enthusiasm for expanding the strategically important aluminium industry, the Panhard company, which had been known in the 1930s an a manufacturer of expensive six- and eight-cylinder sedans, purchased the rights to build the little car.
|Panhard Scarlette coach 1952|
The dramatic change of direction was not well received by everyone at Panhard, but it did usher in a period during which Panhard was one of the most loyal followers of the Pons Plan. In view of the fates of France's luxury auto-makers in the next ten years, and the huge development potential that Panhard extracted from the Dyna X, this adherence to the Pons Plan was probably good for Panhard, at least until the early 1960s. The Dyna was made production ready and was emerging in commercial quantities from Panhard's Ivry plant by 1948: it set the pattern for Panhard passenger cars until the firm abandoned automobile production in 1967.The car was also known as the Dyna 110, the Dyna 120 and the Dyna 130. The numbers in these names represented the progressively increasing maximum speeds (in kilometers per hour), as engine power and size increased during the production run.The Dyna X saloon was replaced by the larger Panhard Dyna Z in 1954, although some of the sporting derivatives continued in production for a few more years.